Tuesday 20 December 2011

to go or not to go?

There’s at least one happening ahead that I’m looking forward to, we’re bringing a new kitten home in the days between Christmas and New Year ’s Eve… A sphynx girl this time. We’ve decided to name her Zelda. I think she’ll be a good company for Gizzmo on the days that I work. Now I’m trying to decide whether to send hubby to get her on his own in Sweden or go with the plan that we all go over and make an outing of it… a hotel night, some shopping, indoors playground… When you have time off school, nurseries and work life on this island is incredibly boring. Unless the weather is good so you can be outside there’s really nothing nada zit to do. Even then there are no decent play grounds or anything to keep the kids pre-occupied for more than 15 minutes… I suppose a trip to civilization could do us all some good… Although I hate going on the ferries. I find them very unpleasant and a total waste of time. I resent the fact I have to spend hours on them every time I want to go somewhere where we can have fun. The risk is instead of enjoying the time away I start fretting over the need for travelling and especially over going back to the island, which will make me all moody. If that’s the case it’s better to just stay here and be bored… Less waste of time and energy and less risk of a huge argument between hubby and myself and the stress that puts on the kids. I could just let them engage in videogames and telly all day long and read a few books or waste time on the internet myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment